Miguel brought over some action figures that he and some friends had played with as kids. Asked me if I would like to do something with them. He told me to smash them and they did not have to be removeable. I took my son Rikki and we went and found comic books to match the figures. I scanned the cover which I converted to 12 x12" in photo shop and then scanned pages to tell the story. Collaged, manipulated in PhotoShop and Lightroom, acrylics, soldering torch, F&W acrylic inks, Micron Pens. He wanted 3 pieces so I started 5 to account for my kill ratio. He liked all 5! Great collaboration/commission. I enjoyed working on these very much. The back cover is not working as planned but I have figured out a couple of possible fixes.
Fantastic! Your skill at manipulating materials physically and digitally married to color, personal nostalgia and meaning for Miguel, intuition on pop culture has brought exciting pieces.