In this peeled piece I used the pens to make fine lines all over the image. followed by splats of F&W metallic ink, Liquitex acrylic and razor cuts through the wet paint and paper background. Liquitex Acrylic Gloss Varnish to protect the surface. The sides are finished with Benjamin Moore black chalkboard paint for easy touch up (or notes...). The back is wired and ready to hang. 12"x16."
You might also like...
The darkspace goes all the way back to college where I did an etching on what was going on in my head. The first Darkspace was with Sherrill in Santa Barbara, the next one on Marengo where we painted a garage black and Maria built me a dark room for developing images. The third was on Jackie Dr.
I used to print a proof sheet or have a whole roll printed into 4x6 pictures. Now I import into Lightroom to do basic developing and cropping where I can get an idea how to work each individual picture in a set. These are not actual proof sheets (I shredded those).
Very fun and it led to things... Supercharged some of the artists participating.
Ray at Night was a lot of fun for quite a while. Latter Art gave way to Beer, which is much more marketable and tastes better.